Dutchess County School Boards Association was founded in 1946 as a
cooperative project of districts in the county to promote education
and enhance the knowledge of serving school board members. Sixty-one
years and forty-nine association presidents later the mission remains
to provide leadership for and support services to our component school
boards and their members.
The goals of the Association are as follows:
- To enhance the quality of boardsmanship and, therefore, the
quality of education in our service area.
- To promote and encourage cooperation among component school
boards and their members in the interest of better education.
- To provide a forum where school board members can exchange information
on education related topics.
- To provide opportunities for members to attend meetings/conferences
that address specific education issues of interest to school board
- To provide a permanent organization which will represent member
school districts to various regulatory and legislative bodies
at the local, state, and national levels.
- To assist its members in every possible way with their school
- To further the mutual objectives of this Association and the
New York State School Boards Association.
We hope you find the information and links available on this site
to be useful.