Dutchess County School Boards Association (in New York State) was founded in 1946 as a cooperative project of districts in the county to promote education and enhance the knowledge of serving school board members. The mission remains to provide leadership for and support services to our component school boards and their members.
The goals of the Association are as follows:
- To enhance the quality of boardsmanship and, therefore, the quality of education in our service area.
- To promote and encourage cooperation among component school boards and their members in the interest of better education.
- To provide a forum where school board members can exchange information on education related topics.
- To provide opportunities for members to attend meetings/conferences that address specific education issues of interest to school board members.
- To provide a permanent organization which will represent member school districts to various regulatory and legislative bodies at the local, state, and national levels.
- To assist its members in every possible way with their school board concerns.
- To further the mutual objectives of this Association and the New York State School Boards Association.